Saturday 1 February 2014

Vampy polishes.

As mentioned in my last (so long ago) post, I realised I had no 'vampy' polishes. At all. How the heck did that happen?!
I set about remedying this, immediately.
I got given a Farmers voucher for Christmas, so off I went. I came out with OPI Honk If You Love OPI; OPI Ink; Rimmel Reality Chic; and Orly Ruby.



This is Rimmel Reality Chic. For who knows what reason, it was all bubbly, and I have no idea why. I had base coat, 2 cats of polish, and top coat.
Last night, I tried it again.


Much better! I used the same base and top coats. I am not hugely in love with the colour though, so it may move on.


Excuse the lack of clean up here. I am SO in love with this colour; I needed pics immediately. And then I forgot to get post-clean up pics.
It is so rich and red; absolutely stunning. I used 2 coats here.



OPI Honk If You Love OPI. I really like this purple. I alternated top coat and matte top coat, but I prefer the shine! 2 coats, and it looks almost black in some lights.

And finally, OPI Ink. This isn't technically a 'vamp' colour but I saw it and needed it.




I tried to get all the colour shifts, but it was difficult. It goes from purple, to blue, to pink, and you get the odd flash of gold.
I'm having issues improving the state of my cuticles. I think 25yrs of nail chewing really screwed them over.

I just took delivery of a destash parcel, which contains another vampy colour. I'll share that in a couple blogs time.

Have a good Sunday!



No comments:

Post a Comment