Friday 7 February 2014

Random Mani, Planned By Children.

As some of you may know, I am a nanny. The family I am working for at present has 3 kids; J-8yrs, L-5yrs, and A-3yrs. They told me what I should do on my nails next. Miss A had it all planned. Pink nails, with a boat, umbrella, beach ball, and-somewhat randomly-a blue jacket. I have full awareness of my (lack of) abilities, and asked if blue togs would be ok. She considered it, and gave her permission.
Here is the A hand.
Colours used-base is Aqua brand-I got this free when I bought vodka one time. Drawings are all done with dotting tools and wee brushes, and are Maybelline Electric Blue, Miki black, Sinful Colors Nirvana, a couple of my JulieGs. Thumb has a coat of SC Hottie.

Miss J and Mr L came together for the plan for my left hand-a tree, a book (heehee, I was thinking. Nice and simple)...and ducks swimming in a river. EXCUSE ME?! My god, they started out so friendly, and rapidly descended into little balls of devilish horror. I said I could try. TRY.
In the end, I wasn't all that unhappy. Here they are.


Base is Maybelline Party Blue. I had never used it properly before this mani, and I like it.
I really loved the book, and have plans to do some nail art involving books soon.
The kids were all super impressed with my nails (one of the many reasons I love children), and raved about them. Awww, warm fuzzies!
I'm sure I'll have more child-directed manicures in the future. My sister has just moved in with her family-including 4 kids, aged 6, 5, 2, & 1. Total madhouse, very loud, and extremely amusing.


No comments:

Post a Comment