Sunday 4 August 2013

Random bollocks

I finally got myself a white polish today. Sinful Colors-Snow Me White. I bought it mostly as a base for neons. I am unimpressed. The formula is very thick. It was streaky to apply and took forever to dry. Once I had finished doing my neon stuff, I tried to clean up. Let me stress the word 'tried'. It shrinks and pulls. BLEURGH. So clean up is crap.
You need to pretend the orange lines are supposed to be rough and ragged looking. It was completely on purpose, and had nothing to do with me losing my tiny brush. I absolutely cannot be bothered re-painting, so I'll deal with it until tomorrow. The neons are all Kleancolor.


You know those weekends that are just totally NOT relaxing? They annoy me. I was out Friday and Saturday night, and had a birthday party to attend today. Once the party was done, I ran errands, came home and cleaned the rat cages. It is now almost 10.30pm and I am incredibly tired. I need just one more day, so I can do nothing.
I did manage to finish the book I was reading-The Laughterhouse by Paul Cleave. Cleave is an NZ author; his books (thriller/crime) are set in Christchurch. It is fabulous, being able to relate to the majority of locations. The book ended on a hell of a cliffhanger, and I'm not sure I can wait calmly for the next.
When I am reading a series, I tend to get emotionally involved with the characters. I remember the Mister's shock and horror when he arrived home from work a few years ago to find me sobbing my heart out. I was reading the 6th Harry Potter. The Mr did not understand. Oddball non-reader that he is.
Right now I am between books. When I have library books out and cannot decide what to read, I enter the titles into one of those random pick generator things. So far it has worked out nicely, and I have only ignored it once or twice.
Is anyone else doing the Goodreads 2013 Reading Challenge? I set a goal of 200 books for the year. I am sitting at 146. I honestly thought I read more.







No comments:

Post a Comment