Sunday 25 August 2013

My dick ticker

Title makes this sound nice and filthy. Sorry, because it isn't.
Just a wee one today. Well, for this morning at least. I may add more later.
I have a bit of a dicky heart. A couple years ago it was racing along. Counting the beats was impossible because it was humming. I had to get it shocked ("CLEAR!" Zaaaapppp! Kind of shocking) back into rhythm.
It still has issues; palpitations, missing beats, thudding really hard. On Thursday I had an ECG, and I'm off to the cardiologist this afternoon to find out what is actually going on.
I have had 3 people ask me if a pacemaker is the next step. I have no idea...but I hope not. I'm not 30 yet! However, if that is the next step, of course I will do it.
I hope to be able to get a copy of the ECG. That is quite geeky, but it was so interesting. People get photos of their baby scans; why can't I have a picture of my heart? Fingers crossed. I was able to watch my heart beating. Amazing. It was black and white, and not hugely detailed, but still.
OK, I am off to the hospital. I need plenty of time so I can get lost and backtrack. I will update when I get home.

So, I know nothing more. The cardiologist said they weren't sure what was happening. I had another ECG, a blood test...and sent on my way.  Both ECG's were fine. I expected that, as I knew I wouldn't have an episode while I was there. But, I fully expected to get a monitor. Colour me confused.
I'm off to the doctor in a couple weeks, so I'll see what happens there.

No comments:

Post a Comment