Tuesday 24 September 2013

My first gradient attempt; and rhinestone-y things.

I have pretty much ignored the whole gradient thing. I am spazzy enough with a brush and dotting tools; what kind of mess would I make with a polished-up sponge?
I decided to give it a go. It is not great. My colour choices on my right had were a bit crap-not opaque enough. On my left hand...I discovered the coral I love in the bottle, is not so pretty on my hands. So, that will be leaving me. To photos!


Colours are LA Colors 12, and Sinful Colors Island Coral. I didn't want to push the gradient attempt (at first) so went for dots.
And the right hand. This is a mess. My clean up was terribly half-arsed, and you can see exactly what I mean when I say lack of opacity.
Bleurgh.

Over the weekend, I was at the local $2/Max Out shop, whatever this one happens to be called. I found some little nail art rhinestones and thought 'why not?' I have just done a mani with them, and I'm pretty happy with the results. You'll have to excuse the photos. I plan to get some in natural light tomorrow, but wanted evidence before I knock these flowers off. I have two thick layers of top coat on, and will probably add another before bed.


Here are a couple that show the polish colour more accurately.


Awful photos, I apologise. Base is boe Champagne-lovely colour, formula is quite good...but it stinks. I'm talking a petrol-like reek. I have a headache from the smell. I may also be mildly high.
When I bought the rhinestone doo-hickeys, I grabbed an eye/lip liner, solely so I could pick them up. It works! So quick and easy.
All going well, I should have better pics of this tomorrow.

1 comment: