Thursday 19 September 2013

Sorry, sorry.

It's been a while, and I have no excuse. I also have no set topic for this. Prepare for random crap.
My nails have been a bit nudey. I was wearing falsies and fingernails don't really enjoy that, so I'm giving them a break. I do have these photos.
This is C'mon Spring! A Star Kin Polish. I somehow failed to get on-nail pics of this.

And Raven Mad, another Star Kin. God, I loved this. It is so damn pretty. I kept getting distracted by the red shimmer.
Star Kin consist of a mother-daughter team here in NZ. They make AMAZING polishes, for excellent prices.  The formula is fantastic, and for the glitter/bitsy ones-the pay off is awesome. Check out the products here.

I had a book-worm fan girl moment this week. I am a BIG fan of Paul Cleave-an NZ author. His books are based in Christchurch-my home town-but it is a much darker, seedier ChCh. His books are fabulous, and I love recognising various places. I recently read his latest book (Joe Victim; awesome) and tweeted Paul. He tweeted back! I got all giggly and stupid. It was amazing. It's a shame being facetious doesn't really come across well in text, though.
I have been a fan since I read 'The Cleaner' a few years ago, but the introduction Paul wrote in 'Joe Victim' tipped me over into total author adoration.
Check out Paul Cleave here.

I have heard back about a heart monitor-in a couple weeks I am taking part in a study. I'll have a monitor on 24/7 for 2-4wks. It comes with a smart phone so I can record what I'm doing during an 'event'.  The whole thing is wireless and all data goes to Cloud, so it can be reviewed in real time if need be.
I'm looking forward to it. I had an episode last night that was quite extreme and lasted a minute or so longer than usual. It will be great to get some answers, finally.

That's it for now!





2 comments:

  1. Ok I came to look at polish but now I'm looking into Paul Cleave! Being from Christchurch too I'm quite intrigued.... Thanks for the recommendation! x

    ReplyDelete