Thursday 5 December 2013

Swatch plan! FAIL

I know it has been a while since I blogged. I had a really bad period of nail-ness (totally a word), so I was avoiding. Tonight, I thought "OOOOOH! I will do a Star Kin Christmas polish post!"
My plan was to have Xmas Eve on my left hand; Merry Solstice on my right. Aaannnddd herein lies the Fail Tale.
Miss Sarsh, our lovely staff/pit, 7yr old furbaby, has been peeing inside. This is highly unlike her. I called the vet tonight , have her booked in for tomorrow. Off I toddled, to paint my nails. Left hand-4 different base colours, with Xmas Eve on top. Right hand-the same 4 base colours, with a view to add Merry Solstice. Vet calls back. Asks if I can get a urine sample, if at all possible. Jeebus. So I prepared a container for...uummm...'catching', and a syringe. For over an hour-nothing. I sort of gave up on her. I told the Mr the situation, and went back to reading (1Q84, Haruki Murakami), and listening to my iPod.
A little while later, Mr scared the living shit out of me when he barreled into the garage/ManCave. "Where is it?! SHE PISSED! WHERE IS IT?!" I threw the syringe at him, he sucked it up, tossed it back to me, and I ran inside to put it in this vial thingee. After that, of course, I had to wash my hands. This was the result.

As you can see, I hadn't even gotten around to clean up. My nails are naked, again. I'll try again tomorrow night.
On the positive side...WE HAVE A SAMPLE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment